Search:
Old 10-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Game Moderator

Arrow Concerns About Beta 1

Greetings Lords and Ladies of DAWland...

This is your forum thread to express concerns about Beta 1...

And as you add your concern, please also suggest a way to make it better

Regards, JR - Game Moderator
Old 10-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Squire (Level 1)

I've been playing this game about 3 weeks now.
Thus far I have been disappointed with it.
I can not see it surviving without some changes made to give more basic info to the players that will only play it as a free game. I do understand that it is a business venture and intended to make a profit in the long run.
I have played several other games like this one, and have paid good money for their premium upgrades because I felt that the basic "free" game was worth playing as is, and when I added money into it I felt that I was getting a good deal more.
You need to face some facts; Only a small percentage of the players will be willing to, or be able to, put money into the game over a long period of time. The premium add ons need to give the player enough value to keep him coming back. These add ons need to be priced right, and in my opinion they are currently priced too high.
That will answer the question, "Will this game be here a year from now?"

I also understand that you don't want to make an exact copy of another game, but some things are needed just to make it a complete game without a player putting money into it.
Unless I see drastic improvements I am not about to put any money into it.

My laundry list of "basic to the game" needs and improvement suggestions:
#!. An individual troop movement progress bar for each attack whether it be incoming or outgoing with landing times displayed in hrs, mins + secs using a 24 hr clock.
#2. Have an option in the player's settings to select a specific time zone so that as an alliance you can all be on the same game clock. This helps in coordinating attacks with other players in your alliance.
#3. Reports need to show the originating city of the attack!!! ... especially in the report title! With the current reports, When looking at reports from 3 different cities, I have no idea which city attacked what or where the resources are going back to, unless I make notes before I send them out... (I'm sending out 16 attacks at a time, are you kidding me?)
#4. Add a "Delete" button and a "Next" button in the report section. This way we can weed out some of the unwanted reports. You could have it jump to the next report after deleting one. Also the system could automatically delete reports that are over 30 days old. This will clean up my reports and make it easier to find things.
#5. We need to be able to copy and paste! How am I going to share battle reports with my alliance, if I can't copy and paste them in the alliance forum? I have tried to copy reports, chat, players names, city names, alliance names, or anything in the alliance forums without success. Spell check would be nice... and being able to format the text also... I hate typing! Without the ability to copy and paste you are forcing me to "type in" what I should be able to paste.
#6. The alliance forums need to be revamped. When I go into the forum I should be able to see if there is a new post or a reply without opening each thread.
I suggest to give the leader the ability to set up tabs for topics, with the ability for alliance members to post threads under them and other members to post replies under them. Only the author and the alliance leader would have the ability to edit or delete the posts.
In another game I have played, the leader would grant rights to each member so that they could do this... just throwing that out there...
#7. There is something needed to slow the rapid growth of a large player. Left unchecked it will be impossible for a new player (even though he may be better) to ever be able to catch up to a player that has started a month before him. This unfair advantage will lead to a higher attrition rate.
Some games have an increasing amount of battle points needed to be able to take another city. Others require medals and BP...
It would seem that the ability of a "better" player would have no advantage over a player that has started weeks before him and is able to stay ahead of him by putting in the time to keep building and taking cities from small players or rebel cities.
I would suggest some additional measures to be put in place that would earn him the right to expand his kingdom.
#8. Reports need to show more when attacking another player's city. I suggest showing details of the resources remaining in the city, the damage I may have done to it's walls, the construction levels of the other buildings. This helps in deciding if you want to take that city.
#9. When attacking a capitol we need to be able to loot resources... maybe a certain percentage are protected per level of warehouse.
I attacked one today and got no report of troops killed or resources looted, so I assume that I have received nothing.
#10. Academy should be used to do researches. These could be could be a "once and done" research or multiple level researches used to give a player an edge in various areas such as attack, defense, construction and resource production.

Since I hate typing, this has been very painful to me... I have only the best intentions and would see the game advance rather than die.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you can implement some of these soon.

Last edited by rndyjak; 11-04-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Anybody even read these?
23 days from the time JRR posted to my post... another 5 days and no responses...

So I'm thinking nobody even reads this section... or cares enough to comment on it...

Trust me, I could have added another 10 items but I figured a longer list would ignored altogether...
I guess 10 items overwhelmed everybody.

Sorry I wasted space in this oblivious forum.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Rndyjak,

Just because the game dev or moderator don't comment doesn't mean it isn't read. And two of your items have already had some real work done on them with more coming.

Reality is, DAW is being developed and moderated by a small team and we focus most of our effort on making the game better rather than crossing-ts and dotting-is in the forum ;-)

Regards, JR
Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Squire (Level 1)

how do you post on here?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Squire (Level 1)

I was on beta one earlier and the tutorial did not appear on my screen. I had to quit and rejoin to get it to appear. Now I have to start all over again.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game worlds' expiry date

Hi. I would - like to make a question. Do the game worlds have expiry date? Really, do the beta 1 expire in November 2014?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Onisimos,

Each game world has an expiry date. And this world - World 1 is set to expire in Nov 2014.

Regards, JR - Game Moderator

Tags
beta 1, concerns, suggestions